Divya’s Ayurveda Seasonal Box
Our bodies change with the seasons and so do the foods that help us feel our best. We curate a box of products that will change each season to support you throughout the year. Subscribe and save 15% on our Seasonal Ayurveda Box, or order one time to support with a seasonal transition.
Balancing Foods for Spring
- Dry, light
- Predominantly pungent, bitter, and astringent tastes
- Spices: ginger, chiles, black pepper, cinnamon, cloves, ajwain, cardamom
- Fruit: apples, pears, pomegranate
- Vegetables: sunchokes, radicchio, broccoli rabe, cruciferous vegetables, sprouts
- Spring harvest leafy greens, dandelion, asparagus, radish, burdock root, peas
- Grains: barley, quinoa, buckwheat, rye, millet, buckwheat noodles (soba), corn
- Lentils and small beans
What’s Included in the Spring Seasonal Box
Nourishing but light. Spices that warm you up and open up your body channels to help get things moving.
Spicy Red Lentil Soup
Helps to dry excess phlegm from seasonal allergies or colds.
Aside from reducing excess dryness in the body (and skin), olive oil also binds with fat-soluble toxins for removal and supports mineral absorption.
A balanced spiced blend good for every body type that promotes digestion and absorption of nutrients.
Liver Support Broth
Liver Support Broth helps your body with its natural detoxification process.
Gentle Detox Tea
Gently pulls hot, acidic toxins out without agitating inflamed tissues.
Add it at the beginning of cooking savory dishes like soups, vegetables, or leafy greens. You can also use it when sautéing, roasting, boiling, making patties or savory pancakes, and more.
- Boil 10 oz. of water in a small pot. Reduce the heat to low, whisk in two heaping spoonfuls of the liver support broth, cover, and simmer for 3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Strain, and garnish with lime juice, olive oil, and/or black pepper if you’d like. Enjoy warm.
You can have it once a day between meals. Sip it slowly while it’s still warm.
The kitchari and soup will be too heating if your Pitta is very high. The rest of the products are tridoshic.
A seasonal approach to food is both natural and beneficial for your digestive health.